Did you know grapes are toxic to dogs? All colours of grapes as well as all types, including those with seeds and seedless varieties, should be avoided when it comes to dogs or any pet.

To avoid accidents, it is important to make sure all family members & visitors to the home know not to feed grapes to your pets.

Grape toxicity in dogs can cause serious kidney damage that can lead to acute (sudden) kidney failure, which can be fatal.

The exact toxic substance in grapes is unknown, but it’s believed that it could be the inability of dogs to metabolize flavonoids, tannins, and monosaccharides from the grapes.  There is no official toxic dose so even the ingestion of 1-2 grapes/ sultanas/ raisins etc should be treated as quickly as possible.

If you suspect your pet may have eaten any grapes/ raisins even in toast/ cakes, please contact us as quickly as possible 0296269561

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!